Friday, December 31, 2010

Years End

You can't help but be reflective come this time of the year.  Afterall, another year has gone by.  So much happened and so much did not happen.  At 53 the "did not happen" category can be the most disturbing.  There are so many things I want to do.  And now that I am retired and have the time to do them, I just don't.  I haven't watched TV for about three days.  I refuse to spend the rest of my life hypnotized by a box with a light in it (even if it is a 47" HD 1080p), oh God, that's even worse.  I've become what I swore I never would...materialistic.  I'm either watching HSN, QVC, or shopping online.  What have I become? 

Well, a new year is almost here and I am not going to waste it.  It is time to step out in faith and try some new things.  I refuse to let fear hold me back.  I'm going to do something I'm afraid to do.  You know...afraid of ridicule...afraid of failure.  The new year holds new hope, and I plan to take advantage of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment